A trip to the blueberry farm means a bottle full of deliciousness...
Using the abundance of fruit around us in Fife, we decided to make something a little different. Our Eau de Vie is made using a slow maceration process and then re-distilled to create a crystal clear spirit with a delicate fruit flavour and no sweetness.
This is a delicious spirit to drink during the end of summer as we head into the autumn months. Often compared to more of a vodka, if you want to sweeten the drink a bit, serve with lemonade and ice.
What is Eau de Vie?
A great question! It isn't quite a gin or vodka. Ultimately it comes down to the way that it is produced. Eau de Vie is traditionally a french spirit, where you use fruit to create a unique flavour profile for the alcohol. At Tayport Distillery, we will macerate fruit for around 3 months in our base spirit, and once it is ready we slowly distil it a fourth time to create a smooth and refined mouth-feel.
Blueberries have not always been farmed in Scotland but more recently this crop has flourished and can be harvested into October/November at some farms. We sure a variety called Liberty blueberries from the East Neuk of Fife to give our eau de vie its delicious blueberry undertone.
Delivery Information - Gin Gifts By Post
- Fast National Delivery with regular tracking updates via email.
- Same-Day Delivery for local postcodes- see here for included postcodes.
- Include a special message with your package for a friend on the Cart Page.
- No invoices included in our packages.
- Want it delivered on a specific date? No problem, just let us know in the notes section on the Cart Page.
- Your gin gift box with arrive package by hand with care.