A spirit to warm your soul...
Our apple eau de vie has a sharper flavour appealing to those who enjoy the warming notes of whisky or brandy. At 42% abv is has a crisp green apple taste without the sweetness.
This spirit is popular in the autumn and winter when it is served with ginger ale or in hot toddies!
What is Eau de Vie?
A great question! It isn't quite a gin or vodka. Ultimately it comes down to the way that it is produced. Eau de Vie is traditionally a french spirit, where you use fruit to create a unique flavour profile for the alcohol. At Tayport Distillery, we will macerate fruit for around 3 months in our base spirit, and once it is ready we slowly distil it a fourth time to create a smooth and refined mouth-feel.
Every year we go to collect apples from Balcaskie Estate and from locals around the distillery who are looking to share their apples. We love to take these apples and use them to make our eau de vie, bringing a taste of fife into the bottle!
Delivery Information - Gin Gifts By Post
- Fast National Delivery with regular tracking updates via email.
- Same-Day Delivery for local postcodes- see here for included postcodes.
- Include a special message with your package for a friend on the Cart Page.
- No invoices included in our packages.
- Want it delivered on a specific date? No problem, just let us know in the notes section on the Cart Page.
- Your gin gift box with arrive package by hand with care.